Thursday, July 15, 2010

Boppa Blog Issue 5

Social gatherings are vital for Alzheimer’s patients and caregivers.
Tenet #5 in Learning To Speak Alzheimer’s by Joanne Koenig Coste
“Enrich the patient’s life” (127).

A Blustery Day!
The holidays are over and the reality of winter has set in with a solum frigidity. Dad received many new ornaments, art work, shirts, posters, and a new watch for Christmas. Last Tuesday Lorrie and I started Tai Chi back up and we did a little furniture arranging to give Dad’s apartment a 2009 look. I thought Dad would call the next day and say “Who moved my furniture?” Instead he called Lorrie and told her he loved it! Sometimes a little change can help with the winter blahs.
We have chosen not to take Dad outside since the temperature has been zero or below, because he is prone to bronchitis. So, today I’m going to take over the frames I got for his airplane posters my brother gave him for Christmas. I will assemble them and we will watch a movie with him. Lorrie is going to meet me there to help hang the posters in his bedroom. I thought it would be fun to give his bedroom an airplane theme. We can put together some B 17 and B 24 model airplanes and hang them from the ceiling. Dad loves to tell people about when he was in the army and put some 60+ hrs in the Liberator B 24.
Today would have been Dad and Mom’s 60th wedding anniversary. My daughter got married on this day 11 years ago. Happy anniversary Michelle & Richard!

Hope this finds you all healthy and staying warm.
Blessings!
Pam

Comment:
It looks cold outside but cozy inside! I am so thankful Richard and I chose this day to get married. It reminds me of one of the best couples I've ever known! I only wish I could give Boppa a big hug. It's hard being so far away from him, but it helps knowing that there are loved ones around him keeping him busy!

Love,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment